THIS IS A FULL-TIME POSITION BASED IN WASHINGTON, DC AND REPORTING TO THE VP OF MARKETING AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
About MPOWER FINANCING
MPOWER’s borderless loans enable students from around the world to realize their full potential by attending top universities in the U.S. Our global team is composed of ex-management consultants, financial services and technology professionals, and other experts in their respective fields. As a FinTech startup backed by a strong roster of VC and PE firms, we move extremely fast and leverage the latest technologies, global best practices, and heavy analytics to tackle one of the biggest challenges in financial inclusion. We work hard, have fun, and believe greatly in our cause. For us, this mission is personal.
In this highly visible role, you will expand our efforts and quantify their benefits to students, universities, communities, and countries. This is a new role at MPOWER and thus you will be able to define it beyond what is in this job description.
- Developing programs and services that benefit MPOWER’s business while also making a social impact, such as supporting student employment post-graduation or implementing operational measures that positively impact the environment, society, and the business
- Promoting and measuring success of these programs and social initiatives for MPOWER customers and employees
- Leading partnership initiatives with higher education institutions, NGOs, governments, and corporations to amplify our social impact
- Spearheading the creation of high-value relationships with foundations to further MPOWER’s most socially impactful programs and initiatives through collaboration and fundraising
- Measuring the social impact of MPOWER’s business by expanding the set of IRIS/GIIRS metrics tracked at the company, setting impact targets for the organization, and measuring our impact against these targets
- Building and growing awareness of MPOWER as an innovative social impact leader in financial services through speaking engagements, public relations programs, social media and other communication channels
- Collaborating across the entire MPOWER team to increase employee-driven social impact and awareness of our social responsibilities (accountability, transparency, purpose) to maximize internal and external impact
- 10+ years of experience with CSR, social impact initiatives or partnerships
- Masters degree in Marketing, Community Affairs, Social Sciences or related field
- Background in higher education or grant writing a plus
- Superior written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and tech fluency
- Track record of growing programs and ability to clearly measure/articulate results
- A passion for financial inclusion and access to higher education is a must!
- In addition, you should be comfortable working in a start-up environment, meaning a small agile team, fast-evolving roles and responsibilities, variable workload and tight deadlines, a high degree of autonomy, and 80-20 everything