Gray Matters Capital (GMC) is an impact investing foundation that invests in extraordinary entrepreneurs around the world. Our mission? Finding Purpose With 10 million Women by 2025. Today, GMC enterprises reach millions of underserved families, women and children across Africa, Asia and Latin America through the creation of innovative and affordable
education products and services and by providing access to capital. To learn how and why visit us at www.demo.demo.graymatterscap.com.
The role is a vital part of the Investments and Portfolio Management team that requires an ability to research new markets/ opportunities, interact with potential investees, support Head of Investments in day to activities, participate in portfolio companies on financial and strategic growth plans and pursue a quantitative and qualitative analysis of existing investments. This role will work closely with the Head of investments to execute exit opportunities. We work in a fast-paced environment that demands proactive,efficient and forward-thinking decision making while demonstrating a high level of financial analysis and modeling.
Role Details as Sr. Analyst/ Associate:
- Perform and present new investments/ portfolio level forecasting and evaluations. • Create and maintain internal systems to manage performance data across investment portfolio.
- Monitor financials of existing investments.
- Project manage DD processes incl. Review and analyses documents and business data d u r i n g d i l i g e n c e , to understand the need for business model pivots. Occasional field visits to perform due diligence may be required.
- Develop our portfolio companies build their social impact metrics.
- Prepare investment notes, follow on tranche/ investment release notes & other documentation asrequired.
- Support Head of investments & his team to prepare and present investment requests to the Investment Committee.
- Assist in initiating and manage relationships with other investors and financial institutional partnerssuch as private sector banks, VC’s, etc.
- Support in participation in and add value to the social impact ecosystem by participating on panels, webinars, or other relevant events to promote GMC and share specific financial learnings andexpertise.
- Handle end to end due diligence process for direct as well as Fund of fund new investments.
WHERE YOU CHECK THE BOX
- A passion for GMC’s mission.
- Passionate about entrepreneurs and startups.
- Independently motivated.
- Ability to create, innovate and learn.
- Detail-oriented and professional.
- Good sense of humor and excellent communicator.
- Proven ability to operate and thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- CA / Tier 1 B-School MBA; Certifications such as CFA (USA) will be preferred • 4-6 years of experience in PE/VC/ IB/ Management Consulting
- Sound understanding of k e y s e cto r s i n cl . BFS I/ Fi nt e ch , Ed u ca ti on / Ed – t e c h, h e alt h c a re / he a lt h -t e ch
- Extensive financial modelling skills & presentation skills
- Self-driven personality along with excellent oral, communication and presentation skills Location:
Mumbai (Work from Home – till pandemic subsides)Apply