About Indian School Finance Company (ISFC)
ISFC is a Non-Banking Finance Company engaged in the business of lending to educational institutions and entrepreneurs managing such institutions. The company started its operations in December 2008 from Hyderabad, and has expanded since to other cities and states of India. Currently it has its offices in 23 states with more than 100 SPOC locations. The company is widely recognized and appreciated in the education segment for its impact on schools and focus on improvement in quality of education.
ISFC caters to entire education segment, more particularly our focus areas include Affordable Private Schools, Private Schools, Play Schools, Private Degree and Vocational Colleges, Coaching Centers, Teachers and SME catering goods and services to Education segment.
For details log onto: www.isfc.in
Why choose ISFC?
ISFC, being a pioneer in funding education institutions is a place of innovation, exploration. We offer employees an opportunity to acquire the required skill sets and grow with the organization. The company believes in open door policy, where an employee can speak to leadership team directly without any hindrance.
What’s the problem ISFC is trying to solve?
We are proud to be the first company in the world to exclusively fund education institutions. Earlier these institutions, especially affordable private schools were facing challenges to get funding from the formal financial sector, as a result the requirements were met either by borrowing from unorganized market at higher cost or these projects were delayed/shelved till accumulations from internal accruals. Now with ISFC funding, these institutions can undertake their projects as planned without delays.
As a CFO, your scope of work will cover:
Strategy, Planning and Management
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Identify, acquire and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information. Evaluate departments and make suggestions for automating processes and increasing working efficiency.
- Communicate, engage and interact with Board of Directors, CEO, COO and Executive Leadership Team.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models.
- Interact with and bring department into line with Board of Directors’ plans, initiatives and recommendations.
- Implement policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate by senior leadership team.
- Raising Debt and Equity from financial institutions and investors as per the growth plans of the organisation
- Leading the relationship management with lenders
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability
- Oversee cash, investments and asset management
- Explore new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Financial Relations and Policies
- Develop short term and long-term plans, projections and budgets.
- Represent company to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors and auditors
- Managing the Credit Rating process
Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss, forecast vs. budget and others.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations
- Supervise the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial software. Provide regular maintenance and backup of all accounting systems and supervise company financial staff.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for banks, investors and company’s board of directors.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of weekly, monthly and annual financial statements.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all tax returns.
- Work with Human Resources to ensure appropriate compliance.
- Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Oversee preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
Finance and Accounting Team Management
- Mentor and develop a team of 10 senior managers, managing work allocation, systems training, performance evaluations, and the building of an effective and efficient team dynamic.
- Oversee cash management, approve large payables, authorize large wires and ACHs
- Proven experience as CFO, Finance Head or similar role.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software.
- Ability to strategize and solve problems.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers.
If you feel you have the skills listed in this JD as well as the passion to create social impact by providing financing assistance to educational institutes catering to low income or under resourced communities, do email us your CV and cover letter.Apply